Why is website maintenance important?
Your website is a major investment for your company. Regardless of size, website maintenance is essential to any business. As a worldwide window for your company, your website has a large impact on the perception of your product/service’s value. All businesses need regular website maintenance to maintain search engine rankings, attract and retain customers and present new information, products and services to the public.
Maintenance is the first line of defense in internet security.
- 8% of WordPress websites get hacked because of a weak password.
- 61% of infected WordPress sites are out of date.
- The top three plugins that hackers love breaking into are TimThumb, Revslider, and Gravity Forms.
- According to one study, 30.95% of Alexa’s top 1 million websites run a vulnerable version 3.6 of WordPress.
- In 2017, 4000 WordPress websites got infected with malware coming from a fake SEO plugin.
- Wordfence reports up to 90,000 attacks on WordPress sites every minute.
- 52% of the vulnerabilities reported by WPScan are caused by WordPress plugins.
- 39% of WordPress vulnerabilities are cross-site scripting (XSS) issues.
- 37% of WordPress vulnerabilities result from the WordPress core files.
- 11% of WordPress vulnerabilities are caused by WordPress themes.
The above statistics were gathered from WordPress Stats: Your Ultimate List of WordPress Statistics (Data, Studies, Facts – Even the Little-Known)